The Google search engine was launched in September of 1998.
Until 2005, Google celebrated its birthday on September 7, The date the company was incorporated. Since then, the “official” birthday has been moved to September 27, which marked a major expansion of the site.
The Internet God known as Google: Since then it has become the most used search engine on the Web, with more than 135 million visitors in the U.S. alone and at least several hundred million searches a day.
Founded by Sergey Brin and Larry Page
- Launched out of a garage in Menlo Park, California
- Started out answering about 10,000 search queries per day
- First hired employee: Director of technology Craig Silverstein
- Moved to Palo Alto office space in 1999
- Company inspired by paper Brin and Page wrote at Stanford
This calls for a real celebration; attend this event http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116570152705